This program is used to convert the video file to TXT files. And then print TXT files one by one. Then you will see the ASCII text "video".
It use Matlab to convert the video to TXT files. And use Python to print TXT files. Therefore, if you want to use this program, you must have "Matlab" and "Python" at least.
Now, this program is only for Mac OS X system. Since the paths are difference, Windows users will have problems. But you can change the source file "main.py" a little to use this program in Windows or Linux.
Thank you very much.
This program is only for Mac OS X user. For the Windows version, it hasn't been tested.
You can download the program from there. Then use the following command to start this program.
If you are familier with Matlab, you can use the Matlab function in there to convert the video file directly in the Matlab.
- Choose "Matlab Path" (choose the app file, like MATLAB_R2011a.app), "Video Path" (choose the video file that you want to convert) and "TXT file Path" (choose the location that you want to store the TXT files).
- Click "Convert" Button and waiting. The Convert process will spend a lot of times.
- Click "Start" Button. The ASCII text "video" will start.
- Since there is the limitation of the Matlab function, it only can convert few types' file. The format supported is listed in http://support.apple.com/kb/HT3775
- In the "Convert" and "Start" process, please don't close this program. Although you close this program, these processes will also be continued until they are finished.
- TXT files are very large. Please make sure that you have enough space to store them.